Tuesday 16 April 2013

Spring into Lingerie

I was going to begin this blog post with something like, "As Winter turns into Spring", or "As the cold weather finally leaves us behind", but that is plainly ridiculous. Now-once all you girls have picked yourself up off the floor and stopped laughing, maybe I'll try a different tack.
 
This damn Winter looks as if its going to hang on in there for as long as possible, but, at some point it will fade away and we will need to stop being in denier denial and address our Springtime Hosiery needs.
 
Now, floaty summer dresses, silky stockings, and, in fact, any clothing that does not cover every inch of my body several times around is just as unthinkable as seeing a round,yellow orb in the sky right now. If truth be told, my lingerie of choice these last couple of months has been a lace-edged balaclava complete with suspender straps holding up my industrial strength chest-high woollen tights, with a rather fetching neckline. I have the cast of Emmerdale shearing everything in sight to keep me in woollens.
 
But, as hard as it is to believe, the days will get longer and, eventually warmer and the morning will come when you will cast off your winter things and feel an overwhelming urge to run, clad in skimpy nothingness, onto meadows, beaches, manicured lawns,etc.. and I sympathise,I really do.
But, like the groups of lads who feel one sunny day equates to the absolute necessity of walking down the High St. bare-chested-is this wise? 
Now is the time to think about investing in all the fabulous tights and stockings you've missed out on in this endless Winter and save the bare legs for days when they wont go blotchy or dry. Didn't your Mum tell you that if you go from your Duffel Onesie to cavorting naked in meadows, you will almost certainly catch a cold.
  
No, leap into Spring with legwear fit for the purpose of showing it off-give yourself a reason to dress for the season.
That's all for me. I'll be back soon with the thorny subject of Burlesque
Jilly
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment